Join Our Team
The Curriculum Developer will be primarily responsible for the development and authoring of instructional materials for Carnegie Learning’s suite of K-12 and post-secondary level mathematics software content. Additionally, the curriculum developer will act as a mathematics content expert and will partner with other departments within the company to ensure the overall quality of the products delivered to teachers and students.
· Act as content expert during design and implementation of new software tools and units of instruction to ensure consistency of presentation and development of content.
· Become familiar with national, state, district, and course standards and requirements to inform design decisions.
· Author instructional materials including, but not limited to, sample problems, problem templates, lesson content, and assessment items.
· Edit instructional materials authored by internal and external sources.
· Become familiar with Carnegie Learning’s customer base to author new content and edit existing content to best meet customers’ needs.
· Assist with correlations, bids and proposals, adoptions, and scope and sequence projects as required.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· B.S. in mathematics and a certification in mathematics education or a Master’s Degree in secondary mathematics education.
· 2-4 years of classroom experience as a mathematics teacher in secondary schools, preferably with Carnegie Learning’s Cognitive Tutor products.
· Experience with both Windows and Mac platforms and proficiency with the use of technology especially as it applies to classroom instruction.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE PITTSBURGH, PA OFFICE
Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity employer