Join Our Team
Math editors are primarily responsible for the review and editing of textbook and software instructional materials for Carnegie Learning’s suite of middle and secondary-level mathematics products to ensure consistent voice, appropriate reading level, math accuracy, and uniform presentation across all platforms.
Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail, be comfortable working under tight deadlines, and be able to work both collaboratively and independently. This position is located in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Review and edit instructional materials from manuscript through final printer pages.
- Author ancillary materials including, but not limited to, assignments, assessments, skills practice problems, software lessons, glossary items, and software problem scenarios.
- Understand national and state mathematics standards to assist with correlations, bids and proposals, and scope and sequence projects as required.
- Become familiar with Carnegie Learning’s customer base to edit existing content and author new content to best meet customers’ needs.
- 2-4 years of experience with standards-based math materials including, but not limited to, teaching, publishing, editing, or authoring. Experience at the middle-school level is a plus.
- BS Degree in mathematics and a certification in mathematics education or a Master’s Degree in secondary mathematics education.
- Experience with both Windows and Mac platforms and applications especially Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and InCopy/InDesign. Experience with XML/MATHML is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity employer.