On-Demand Support for Students
Continuous support is offered to students in multiple facets. Within the Cognitive Tutor software, targeted, problem specific help is incorporated through Just-in-Time and On-Demand hints.
- Offers continuous, formative assessment throughout the curricula
- Delivers pre- and post-tests that automatically tie to custom-sequenced curricula
- The pretest may be configured to be diagnostic, in which case results are used to set pacing for students in the instructional software
- Hints are contextual and oriented towards helping the student to solve key steps in the problem
- Immediate feedback enables the student to self-correct and leads to more effective learning and applying of the mathematics
Carnegie Learning 24/7 Math HelpSome students from time to time need a little extra learning support. Carnegie Learning 24/7 Math Help provides on demand assistance from professional tutors using web-based communication tools. An electronic whiteboard allows our professional tutors to provide real-time instruction and demonstrations to individual students. The IM chat tool provides a fast and easy way for students and their tutors to discuss math problems. Each math problem a student poses in this interactive environment is given a complete, step-by-step explanation.
Carnegie Learning 24/7 Math Help is truly available in an instant. Students can select and work with their favorite tutors at anytime and anywhere without scheduling appointments. Each math help session is completely individualized to address a student's specific needs.