Learning by Doing Student Awards
About the Award
The Learning by Doing Student Awards program will recognize and reward outstanding accomplishments of students in the Carnegie Learning classroom.
Each Learning by Doing Student will:
- Receive an honorary plaque, class celebration, and Kindle Fire
- Be recognized in the Carnegie Learning Newsletter and on the Carnegie Learning Resource Center
All students nominated for the 2014 Learning by Doing Student Awards will receive a certificate of recognition.
*Please note that due to policy 2445.41 and the West Virginia Department of Education’s ethics guidelines, West Virginia residents are prohibited from collecting any prizes associated with the Carnegie Learning Awards Program.
How to Nominate Your Students
To nominate your student(s), please download the Nomination Packet (PDF) or read the requirements below. Educators may nominate as many students as they wish but must complete one nomination form per student.
To be eligible for the Learning by Doing Student Award, the nominated student must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a math course where Carnegie Learning is being used
- Demonstrate a commitment and dedication to learning mathematics
- Articulate how the Carnegie Learning curriculum has impacted his or her life
- Be willing to participate in a video about his or her experiences with Carnegie Learning
- Be willing to speak to the press about his or her success
Before submitting your nomination, please review the following checklist and submission guidelines to ensure your nomination packet is complete.
Remember, all materials must be received by April 7, 2014.
Your nomination must include:
- Nomination Form - Completed by nominating educator (pages 2, 3 and 4)
- Data on Student Performance - We recommend utilizing Teacher's Toolkit or Administrator Reports. Completed by nominating educator
- Student Statement - Completed by nominated student (page 5)
- Parental Consent Form - Completed by student's parent/guardian (page 6)
- Student Photograph (optional)
How To Submit
You may submit a Nomination Packet by one of three means:
- Email completed Nomination Packet to:
- Mail completed Nomination Packet to:
Carnegie Learning, Inc.
Frick Building, Suite 918
437 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Fax completed Nomination Packet to:
412-992-5090; Attn: Award Programs
Questions? Contact us at 888-851-7094 or firstname.lastname@example.org