An effective Algebra Readiness program.
Our Algebra Readiness curriculum, Carnegie Learning Bridge to Algebra, is designed as a pre-requisite course for Algebra I. Bridge to Algebra improves a student's foundational skills and prepares them for an Algebra I class.
Please use the tabs below to learn more about the features and contents of this curricula and its various implementation options. Use the content browser on the left to view videos and image galleries of the curricula.
- Number Sense and Algebraic Thinking
- Operations with Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Ratios and Proportions
- Algebraic Problem Solving
- Geometric Figures and Their Properties
- Area and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Probability and Statistics
- Volume and Surface Area
- Linear Functions
- Number Systems
Features of our Textbooks
- Designed for a collaborative, student-centered classroom
- The classroom environment promotes discourse, collaborative work and depth of understanding
- Students engage in problem solving, communication and reasoning while making connections using multiple representations
- Students take ownership of their learning, making notes using their texts like a workbook
- Consumables save money and time — reducing copying costs and lowering replacement costs
- New textbooks provided every year
- Lexile Rating: 920
Features of Cognitive Tutor Software
Cognitive Tutor software is designed to complement our textbooks, but can be used as supplemental curricula for interventions, summer school, and other implementation options. Features include:
- Differentiated instruction: provides instruction that addresses each student's unique needs
- Mastery learning model and multi-step problems
- Continuous formative assessment
- Immediate feedback and positive reinforcement
- Detailed reports for analyzing student progress
- Review for practice prior to exams
Recommended for 40% (or two class periods/week) of the total instructional time in a course, the software is most often accessed via a web delivery model using the Carnegie Learning Online website. It can be delivered via a standalone installation, network/LAN, or remote-hosted local client-server model.
Our Algebra Readiness content can be delivered in a blended course format, with a combination of collaborative, student-centered textbook lessons and adaptive Cognitive Tutor software lessons. Can be used as core instruction.
Carnegie Learning Algebra Readiness content can be delivered via textbooks that support a collaborative classroom. Our classroom activities address both mathematical content and process standards. Students develop skills to work cooperatively to solve problems and improve their reasoning and communication skills.
Our Algebra Readiness content is available in our Adaptive Math Software Solutions, which are packages that feature our research-based Cognitive Tutor Software product line. Available in both the Carnegie Learning Adaptive Intervention Solution and the Carnegie Learning Adaptive Middle School Solution. Each features our Bridge to Algebra and Algebra I content.