Creating a Class Including MATHstream
The Create Class Wizard will walk you through the process of setting up your class. You will name your class, choose the appropriate content for it, and assign students to it.
To Create a New Class
Pick a Product
Select the product(s) that need to be assigned to the class.
To assign MATHstream to your class, select Clear Learning Center.If you need to add other products, select those as well.
Use the Progress Bar to track each step as you create a class.
- Define Class
- Select the Instructor from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the Class Name.
- Select the Start Date and End Date for the class.
- Select the set of mathematical standards that you would like to have displayed in the Skills and Standards report.
- Choose the Theme, Class Category, and Profile for your class.
- Click Continue.
- Select MATHIia Content.
If you have chosen to add MATHia to your class, you will add it first using the directions below. If you have not chosen to add MATHia, you may skip to Step 4.
- Choose a Constructed Course: Select Carnegie Learning standard curricula that you can customize for your class.
- Copy Modules from Class: Use a curriculum that has been created for another class. You can optionally edit the curriculum.
- Select Modules: Select and arrange modules as a primary or additional curriculum.
Choose a Constructed Course
Only Carnegie Learning Courses are constructed courses.
Curriculum Time Estimates are provided for teachers to gauge approximately how long it will take the class to complete the Primary modules in the sequence.
Note about the Curriculum Time Estimates data:
- Hours displayed reflect Primary modules.
- The data is informed by Carnegie Learning historical usage data that spans across many student populations and class types, so your class' usage time may vary.
Copy Modules from a Class
Classes created by you and other teachers at your school are available here.
The Search function can be used to narrow your choices.
Select individual modules to create your own sequence. To add modules to a group, choose Edit Group.
Next, select Add and then Update Group.
- Add Textbooks.
If you have chosen to add textbooks to your class you will add them next. If you have not, you may skip to Step 5.
- Add Clear Learning Center Content.
This is where you will add MATHstream content. You may also provide students with access to digital course content if available..
- Add Students
- Import Class Roster: Use this option if you have an external .csv file that contains the students that will be in this class.
- Add New Students: Use this option if you want to manually add students to the school and automatically assign them to this class.
- Select Existing Students: Use this option if students have already been added to your school and you need to assign them to this class.
Preview of Select Existing Students option.
For more help adding students, see Importing Students in Teacher's Toolkit.