Creating a Class
The Create Class Wizard will walk you through the process of setting up your class. You will name your class, choose the appropriate content for it, and assign students to it.
To Create a New Class
Pick a Product
Select the product(s) that need to be assigned to the class
Use the Progress Bar to track each step as you create a class.
MATHia is the only licensed product available to be assigned.
- Select Content
Select an option for the source modules
- Select the Instructor from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the Class Name.
- Select the Start Date and End Date for the class.
- Select the set of mathematical standards that you would like to have displayed in the Skills and Standards report.
- Choose the Theme, Class Category, and Profile for your class.
- Click Continue
- Select Content
- Choose a Constructed Course: Select Carnegie Learning standard curricula that you can customize for your class.
- Copy Modules from Class: Use a curriculum that has been created for another class. You can optionally edit the curriculum.
- Select Modules: Select and arrange modules as a primary or additional curriculum.
Choose a Constructed Course
Only Carnegie Learning Courses are constructed courses.
Curriculum Time Estimates are provided for teachers to gauge approximately how long it will take the class to complete the Primary modules in the sequence.
Note about the Curriculum Time Estimates data:
- Hours displayed reflect Primary modules.
- The data is informed by Carnegie Learning historical usage data that spans across many student populations and class types, so your class' usage time may vary.
Copy Modules from a Class
Classes created by you and other teachers at your school are available here.
The Search function can be used to narrow your choices.
Select individual modules to create your own sequence.
- Add Students
- Import Class Roster: Use this option if you have an external .csv file that contains the students that will be in this class.
- Add New Students: Use this option if you want to manually add students to the school and automatically assign them to this class.
- Select Existing Students: Use this option if students have already been added to your school and you need to assign them to this class.
Preview of the select existing students option.