Getting Started with MATHia
In this article we cover the absolute basics of MATHia, to get you started. We've outlined your first three weeks using the software, as well as included teaching stategies to get you started on the right foot.
materials to send home
- Student Getting Started Guide
- Using Carnegie Learning textbooks & MATHia? Click here to download the parent letter to send home with students.
- Only using MATHia? Click here to download the parent letter to send home with students.
Your First Three Weeks with the Software Solution
TEACHER AND STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES DURING LAB TIME
As you start off the year, you'll want to set expectations for students should be completing in MATHia. Watch the video to find out more.
MATH LAB CLASS DAILY SCHEDULE
|Instructional Framework||Students' Responsibilities||Teachers' Responsibility|
Log on to the computer and log into the software
• Monitor students to make sure they are logging in correctly
• Return Lab Learning Logs
• Record attendance
• 2 days a week
Monitor students for:
• Off-task behavior
• Errors in the software
• Conference with students about
progress in the software
• Discuss time/problems solved/
• Share reports with students
weekly or bi-weekly
• Write in Lab Learning Logs
• Use electronic versions of Lab Learning Log
• Determine what you want students
to complete in the Lab Learning Log
• Read Lab Learning Logs to see
where students are, what they are
thinking, and what kind of progress
they are making