Understanding the Progress Report
The Group Progress Report provides detailed information about a group of students and their progress and performance at the module, unit, and workspace levels in MATHia. This view identifies student progress across the entire syllabus, including module, unit, and workspace completion status, total time spent in each unit, and performance scores for each completed workspace.
The Progress at a Glance section of the Report monitors class-level progress through MATHia.
The table below shows the status of every workspace assigned to the student in the class, as well as their current placement within the assigned content, the number of workspaces completed, the syllabus completion percentage and the average performance score for the date range selected.
The Average Performance Score averages all of the performance scores for each workspace completed by the student during the selected date range.
The number of workspaces completed includes workspaces completed (both mastered and not mastered) during the selected date range.
Note: The total number of workspaces per student may be different if a student is assigned additional modules.
The Module View Options allows the teacher to select which modules to include in the table.
- 'Primary modules' are those which are assigned to all students.
- 'All modules' include those which are primary, plus additional modules that may be assigned to select students in the class.
Each workspace can have one of the following states:
Upon selecting a date range the table will reflect the workspaces encountered during the specified date range. For example, if today is October 1 and you select the date range of September 10-15, then:
- Any workspaces a student encounters for the first time after September 15th will not be highlighted when this date range is selected.
- If a student started and completed a workspace before September 10th, that workspace cell will not be highlighted.
- If a student started a workspace on September 12 and did not finish it by September 15, the workspace will show as in progress, since this was the state of this workspace at the end of the selected date range.
Selecting an individual student workspace square provides more detail about the student status for that workspace.
The Student Progress Report monitors individual student progress and performance across the entire syllabus, including module, unit, and workspace completion status, total time spent in each unit, and a performance score for each completed workspace.
The Module Detail view shows the current status of the module and each unit and corresponding workspace. For completed workspaces, the date completed is displayed.
Tip: Click on the completed, performance or time column headings to sort the workspaces.
For each workspace, the following metrics are provided:
- The Type identifies the type of workspace: mastery or concept builder. For more information about the types of workspaces in MATHia, see the Types of Workspaces section.
- The Workspace Name identifies the workspace the student worked on. If the name of the workspace is highlighted, then the student encountered it multiple times. Click on the row to view details for each encounter.
- Status identifies the completion status of the workspace, along with the date the workspace was completed.
Completed is the date the student completed the workspace. If the workspace has not been completed, then this column will be blank.
If a student encountered a workspace multiple times you will see a next to the completion date. Click on this workspace row to view the details of each journey through the workspace.
The Step-by-Step column shows how many step by step problems the student completed in the workspace.
The Performance column refers to the individual student's Performance Score achieved for each completed workspace on a scale of 0–100, with 100 being the highest.
For mastery workspaces, this is the percentage of skills mastered in that workspace.
For concept builder workspaces, the Performance Score is based on the students’ hint usage and error rates for that workspace.
The Time column displays the total time the student spent working in the workspace. This includes time spent during multiple sessions.