Using LiveLab to Support Students
LiveLab provides teachers with multiple opportunities to assess student progress and assist students as they work in the MATHia software.
LiveLab notifies teachers when students are working, idle, in need of monitoring, or at-risk.
- A student who is marked as Working is actively working through the assigned content in the MATHia software.
- Students who have not been active for 5 minutes or more will be shown in the Idle category. These students may need redirecting or assistance starting a problem.
- Students in the Monitor category are the students who are in need of your support, relative to the rest of the class.
Ways you may consider supporting students:
- Help with technology
- Help with math on the current problem
- Help with math on a different problem
- Provide encouragement
Livelab provides teachers with the ability TO view a detailed summary of student work.
Click on any student's name to see a more detailed view of the work they've completed during the current session.
Once viewing the student screen, click on any arrow to expand the screen for a more detailed view.
Within the student screen, you can view:
- Total Workspaces Completed
- Current Workspace Details including:
- Workspace description
- Total Problems Completed
- Whether the student completed the Step-by-Step Problem
- Skillometer or Progress Bar for the current workspace
LIVELAB PROVIDES TEACHERS WITH THE ABILITY TO PRIORITIZE AT-RISK STUDENTS AND GROUP STUDENTS BY WORKSPACE.
Clicking on Group by Workspace will arrange students by their current workspace, allowing you to easily support multiple students at a time.
Clicking on Table Options in the upper right corner of the LiveLab screen allows you to Prioritize At-Risk Students.
Prioritize At-Risk Students will alert you to their At-Risk status by bringing those students to the top of your class list.